What are people saying about “He Restoreth my Soul”
- “Addictions alter the biochemistry of the pleasure centers of one’s brain as well as cripple one’s spirituality.
Hence, “recovery” as well as repentance are essential to overcome addictive behavior. Pornography and inappropriate sex are addictive and frequently spoil marriages and alter and destroy lives. Recovery is very difficult, on-going, and literally impossible without turning one’s life over to a Higher Power. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has produced “A Guide to Addiction Recovery and Healing” based the 12-Step recovery program from Alcoholics Anonynous and makes available Pornography Addiction Support Groups (PASG meetings). It is possible, rewarding, and character-building to learn and live the difference between lust and love. This book is authoritatively documented and includes numerous helpful references.” by Larsen
- ” I agree that this is a must read book for everyone. It has reminded me of the need to always be on our guard, to always protect our children, and to always be grateful for the plan of salvation.” by Tina
- “Several months ago I attended a presentation that Donald Hilton did for SA Lifeline Foundation in Mapleton, UT. He spoke on the topic of his book, Pornography / Sexual addiction. The information he shared was marvelous and very helpful for me and my wife. I would strongly encourage everyone and anyone to purchase this book. Don Hilton has been able to help many people that struggle with this addiction. Don in his unique charitable way has allowed SA Lifeline Foundation to sell this book via their website in an effort to support this foundation. The Governor of Utah’s wife was gifted a book recently. It will open your eyes, and educate you on the impact that Pornography can have on an individual and how to recover from this addiction.” by John
- “Definitely one of the best books I have read in a long time. It had wonderful information about addictions in general, but the facts about pornography specifically were fascinating. It also gave me some new perspectives about the atonement, or more specifically the lies Satan spreads about the atonement. I was struck by the universality of the Savior’s love, mercy, and grace. I was struck by the strength of the lie we tell ourselves that “I’m not good enough for the Savior’s love.” or “why would he love me after all I’ve done?”This is a wonderful book that I would recommend to anyone whether they have an addiction or not. Thank you Don!” by Brad
- “Every mom and dad, and leader in the church should read this book!!! It was well written and truly gave great insight into pornography addiction. I was amazed at the statistics of pornography use, I was scared to think that all of our children will be exposed to pornography! We have to fight against this plague like Sister Beck said in Women’s Conference.” by Nan
- ” This was one of the most profound books I have ever read. I recommend it highly. It has changed my perspective on many things and even changed the movies, music, and books I watch and read. Give it a chance, and you’ll see what I mean.” by Sarin
- “After I attended an anti-pornography conference here in Rexburg, I bought the main speaker’s book. I learned a lot from him at the conference and am excited to read his book.” by Marissa
- “This is a must read for anyone with a husband or sons. It is essential to understand how sexually addicted our society is even in the mainstream TV programs and romantic literature. This is a wake up call to protect your family.” by Alison
- This book is very insightful and I can see why my bishop has been giving it out like candy. The author is a brain surgeon and offers some really cool insight to the workings of the brain and the addicted brain. Porno shrinks your brain. It also makes it go somewhat crazy. Addicts have their thoughts change so that sex is life and everything else is an inconvenience. Unaddicted people view life as life, with sex being a special part of it. Parents- read it for yourselves and it will remind you to be more watchful. I thought it also had some pretty good insights on spiritual and physical consequences for one day when I’ll have to give “the birds and the bees” talk to my posterity.
Pornography is an unfortunate plaque in our modern day times. It is sad to see how it destroys relationships and breaks up families. I wanted to educate myself with this topic (since it seems to be a reoccurring topic in and outside of the church)
It was interesting to learn that pornography actually creates a chemical imbalance in the brain making it an very difficult addiction to overcome. Yet there is hope and this book shares recovery stories and how people were able to turn their lives around by applying the principles of this book and the atonement.
This book helped me understand the addiction better and the healing process. Hopefully I can help my future family avoid the heartache that is associated with pornography.
- One of the Best Tools we have for helping persons overcome addiction to Prorn. Very well written and documented, we have personally gave 20 copies to Bishops and persons suffering for addiction. Great Tool.
- I have read and shared this book and believe it is a very valuable resource for overcoming and avoiding pornography. I have become much more aware of the dangers all around me, each and everyday. I know that reading this book will help protect you and your loved ones.