Jeffrey R. Holland was president of Brigham Young University when this devotional address was delivered on 12 January 1988 in the Marriott Center.
We are sharing this speech with you becasue we believe that it delivers a pure message about Human Intimacy. This speech was delivered over 20 years ago, and still has significant relevance in today’s society. Please take the time to read this article as well as share it with anyone you think could benefit from it.
The follwoing is an excerpt from this talk:
“My topic is that of human intimacy, a topic as sacred as any I know and more sacred than anything
I have ever addressed from this podium. If I am not careful and you are not supportive, this subject
can slide quickly from the sacred into the merely sensational, and I would be devastated if that happened.
It would be better not to address the topic at all than to damage it with casualness or carelessness.
Indeed, it is against such casualness and carelessness that I wish to speak. So I ask for your faith and
your prayers and your respect.”
Please click on the link below to begin reading the article.
- Video – Understanding Pornography and Sexual Addiction
- Understanding Pornography and Sexual Addiction – A Resource for parents and leaders
- Pornography Addiction Recovery: Healing One Step at a Time
- Event: Pornography Addiction: Biology, Demography, and Political Correctness
- Discussing Pornography with Your Future Son-in-Law