I struggled for over thirty years to recover from the trauma of my husband’s sexual addiction, and I continue to work on my recovery one day at a time. Here is my important message: recovery and peace are possible.
It is my hope that this book will help you find . . .
- A pathway to healing
- Hope in the present and in your future
- An understanding of what real recovery looks and feels like
This path to peace includes:
- Recognizing that there is no way but through
- Setting boundaries is the most loving thing I can do
- Forgiveness is not the same as trust
- I can’t, but He (God) can, and I will let Him
- Having gratitude in the present moment
- Self-care is His care
- I’ll row my own boat
- I can live happily. . . one day at a time
Messages from others about this book:
This book taught me how to respond to my husband’s addiction in a way that has provided true healing. I found peace in these pages.
~ Stephanie H.
This unique book not only provides a powerful and authentic narrative about the gut-wrenching realities surrounding a spouse’s pornography and sexual addiction, but it also illuminates a pathway to healing for anyone feeling shame, isolation, fear, or indescribable pain as they deal with this or similar issues. Rhyll dares to do what most people won’t; she leans into her vulnerabilities, has faith to see light in dark places, and musters courage to share all of it so that others may have hope.
~Jill C. Manning, Ph.D., LMFT; Author of What’s the Big Deal About Pornography and Let’s Talk About the Elephant in the Room.
Rhyll’s story is an unflinching and honest window into the pain that sexual addiction can cause. It represents three stories of learning and redemption as it explores Rhyll’s journey from anguish to understanding, Steven’s path from addiction to recovery, and their continued relational healing as a couple. The courage displayed by this remarkable couple should provide genuine hope to many as they discover that their own path to peace is reachable.
~Donald L. Hilton Jr., MD. Author of He Restoreth My Soul.
* additional shipping rates may apply for orders outside of 48 contiguous states
* Attention: your comments will be viewed by other people in our community and potentially by the world wide web. If you'd like to remain anonymous, please only put your first name and last initial.
Your email may also pull up a picture of you depending on how you've set things up with your email provider. Unless you want to receive notifications of comments via email, you are welcome to put firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for your participation in the community.